Monday, December 1, 2014

Kauai 2014-- Glass Beach

We've been going to Kauai for a long time.  We love it so much that we choose to endure the painful travel from Chile to get there ;)  It is a truly relaxing vacation where we get to do just that.  Relax.  I love it.  I love the air.  I love the water.  I love the sun.  I love the sand.  I love the perfect temperature at night.  I love the food.  I love the late night reading.  I love the lazy mornings. 
 I love it all.  

I thought we had seen and done everything there is to do on the island... and then we read about Glass Beach.

It used to be a dumping ground full of glass bottles, windshields, and flasks.
Over the years, the waves have broken and smoothened these pieces of trash into beautiful, smooth, colorful, sea glass.






Digging under the big rocks seemed to be where we found the biggest and brightest pieces.

Everyone was up for a little searching.


Momo was the master.






We had the best time being out here searching for treasures.  
Wouldn't mind if we made our way back to Glass Beach next year :)


No comments: