Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Our Prophet Speaks

I love General Conference.  For many reasons.  Listening to these inspired men and women always helps me to try a little harder to be a little better.  And I always come away feeling an increase of God's love for me and for all of His children. 

 I'm not gonna lie.  I also LOVE staying in my jammies 2 Sundays a year while being spiritually rejuvenated.  
I love church.  I love going to church with my family every Sunday.  I love going to be with our ward family.  I love church because most importantly,  I can renew the covenants I have made with my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I love church because I have an opportunity to serve.  And I believe that not only when we are in the service of our fellow beings, we are in the service of our God, but when we are serving, our lives are more joyful. 

Most Sunday afternoons, I find myself passed out on the couch with drool running down my chin, and a huge pile of bags filled with "Primary clutter" that have been dropped in the entry way because I can't bear to put everything away.  I'm grateful to serve and I love what I'm doing.  But I get tired :)  
 And so, this is just one more reason why I look forward to the first Sunday in April and October every year.   A chance to sleep just a tad longer and to enjoy a different type of clutter on a Sunday afternoon, while we all are together as a family, keeping ourselves entertained while we listen to our prophet's voice.

 I loved Jake's portrait he drew of Elder Eyring while he was up at the pulpit.



Happy Sunday!

No comments: