Saturday, October 6, 2012

"Pwojects"

As I'm going back and looking through the photos we took before moving, I'm finding all sorts of random appliance shots, car and home pictures and all sorts of things we were trying to get rid of.  In the middle of them all, I found this one: 
 I almost accidentally deleted it.  I'm so glad I didn't because this epitomizes 4 year old Jake.  He LOVES creating "pwojects" and his favorites always involve massive amounts of scotch tape.  So this day, Jake really wanted a rocket to play with but there was none in sight.  He went to work and created the one above, completely unbeknownst to me.  Contents:  race car, ear thermometer, my hair clip, pen and of course, scotch tape. 
I'm so glad he could keep himself busy while I was going crazy with my list :)
 Sometimes I open up the freezer to find 4 or 5 plastic cups precariously placed.  When I ask what is going on in there, he comes running to tell me not to touch them!  They usually have rocks, toothpaste, soap, dirt, flowers...all sorts of exciting things in each cup...filled to the brim with a little water or juice.  There have been a few select instances when the projects have spilled onto the floor revealing their contents and I've yelled a time or two...but when we are having a good day, it's one of my favorite things in the world to open up that door and see what he's been working on.