Sunday, October 14, 2012

First Day of School

After Kate discovered that she couldn't learn to play the flute at Nido de Aguilas, Ms. Nancy informed her that violin was a possibility as well as all of the after school activities.  As I was reading through all of them and came to "fashion design," she almost had a heart attack.  "Mom!  Pleeeeeez can I do fashion design?" Unfortunately fashion design was already full, so we signed up for cooking and soccer. 

We got up at 6:30 am and Kate was pumped!  It was too dark outside to take a picture, so we did it inside.  We found out her teacher's name is Ms. Sam from New Zealand and there was another girl from Peru who would be starting the same day as Kate.
Suddenly she was extremely independent and didn't want me to help her with anything!  Even though she didn't want me to, I took a picture of her sitting at her desk, and then I said goodbye.  Cried the whole way home. 
Here she is at her first show and tell.  She can't stop talking about all of the experiences she is having and what friends she meeting...The only part she doesn't like is waking up early.  Neither do I :)

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

She looks like she is thriving!

=)

anitamombanita said...

What a great experience for BOTH of you!!