Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Signs are Up!!

Let's talk politics for just a moment... OK, not real politics--just the surface stuff--the campaign pictures.  Now, my father-in-law ran for Congress in the United States a couple of years ago, and I was able to witness up close and personal, what it took to attempt such a feat.  Man, we were so proud of him!!!! The first time I heard that elections were coming up in Chile, I didn't think much of it... until I saw my first picture in the median. And then thousands more, plastered all over the city.  I was in utter shock and found myself repeating, "They can't be serious!  They are.  They really are."  And then a chuckle and a sigh, because it was so unexpected.
And then I came to one and only one conclusion (because I was the farthest thing from a Political Science major in college).  It was this:  If you live in Chile, and you are interested in running for office, make sure you look darn good when your face is blown up 100x it's normal size before you add your name to the ballot-- because it will be. 
   
And apparently you have to be willing to pull off some very "natural"poses to show how much you love your country.

 As you can tell, I'm snapping these photos while driving.  Not the safest thing in the world, but absolutely couldn't pass them up. 
 No exaggerating when I said 100x your normal size!!!  
Maybe I can take these with me and we can spark up some new enthusiasm with this marketing technique when it comes to elections in the US.  Think it could help?  Heaven knows we need SOMETHING!

No comments: