Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Iguazu Falls--Part 3: Garganta del Diablo

Traveling with the Whitt's was beyond fun.  Friends that are family?  Can't get better than that when you are in the middle of the South America together.   It was tough, but we managed to not say a word until we all arrived at the airport.  When the kids discovered we'd be sticking together, we couldn't contain the excitement, and I'm sure everyone waiting to board our flight couldn't contain their's either :)  Haha.  The first day of our trip, we headed into the park-- the Argentine side.  

 and boarded the train that would take us to one of the most famous spots this side of Iguazu...



The Devil's Throat... Garganta del Diablo
 It was quite the walk to get there, but the kids didn't mind too much.  At least going to the falls.  There was so much to look at!  The heat and humidity were out in full force that day.  We were looking forward to feeling a little waterfall mist. 
 I think the thing that surprised me the most, was that the water we were walking alongside, didn't appear to be extremely deep or even moving very swiftly.  And then all of the sudden, 
 We were right smack in the middle of the biggest, most powerful culmination of water I have ever experienced.  All of my pictures look grey because the mist was so overwhelming (and I think I'm having a bit of trouble with my camera)... Didn't take long for us to cool off!!!


 Jake was LOVING it.  
 Catching some drops

 Didn't take long for Karen and me to get drenched!

 Luke opted for fuller coverage
 I was amazed that the plants were strong enough to withstand all of that force!  Unbelievable.

Scott, Karen, Luke, Sarah and Ally (Emily was asleep in the stroller being shielded from the wetness) standing directly over the throat.  What a great first stop on our trip!

No comments: