Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Christmas List

Every year I have the same goal for December...get my Christmas cards out early and have my shopping done so we can really ENJOY the season instead of spending the weeks before Christmas hurrying to get the things that don't matter so much done. So, this year, Joe and I sat down and made a list of all of the things we wanted to do to together to celebrate the season. It went something like this...



  1. Make a gingerbread house

  2. Be Christmas Pixies

  3. Visit the snow

  4. Visit the LDS Temple to see the lights and go to a show

  5. Read a Christmas story together every night

  6. Go caroling

  7. Make caramel apples and goodies to deliver

  8. Remember why we are celebrating Christmas....

There may have been a few more things, but you get the idea. It never comes together perfectly, but I can keep striving, right? In reality, most of my time was practicing the piano for our choir's program the Sunday before Christmas. At least I was playing Christmas music, right? Over and over and over and over... I've had a thing about playing in front of audiences ever since I completely ruined my senior recital--oh....14 years ago. I do it, but I get sweaty palms and I have a horribly nervous stomach. Well, thanks to choir, I've been forced to play in front of the congregation plenty of times. I'm not so nervous anymore... that's good, right?


I'll post some pictures from our Christmas list. We did accomplish quite a bit of fun this season. Oh, and here's our Christmas card:

No comments: