Thursday, September 19, 2013

It's That Time of Year Again!!!

Thought maybe Hawaii wouldn't be happening for the Berryhills this year?  I don't know if it's the homeschooling mom in me that's used to taking time off when I want to or what, but when Mom and Dad asked if we'd still be able to make it to Hawaii this year, I said, "Of course we will!!!"  It didn't matter that we'd be taking off 2 weeks of school!  We committed.  Joe for a week, and the kids and I for the whole, glorious time in Paradise. 

Then I actually looked at the travel time. 

33 hours.  

The tickets were purchased.  I didn't want to back out purely for the fact that we might die getting there!  And I didn't even want to entertain the thought of what would happen when Joe had to leave a week into our trip to head to Brazil, and I would be bringing the ninos home a week and a half later ALONE. 

So, we focused soley on the task at hand and took one little step at a time. 5 days after Kate's baptism, we packed our bags and headed to the airport.  Surprisingly, everyone did an incredible job.  I chalked it up to having two adults to manage the crew.  I kept reminding Joe that in 2 1/2 weeks I'd be handling everything solo... He was fully aware if this of course... but it did allow me to have a little extra reading time on some of our flights :)

We made it.  Exhausted but happy.  Ready to bask in the warm, Hawaiian sun, and play in it's inviting waters with some of our best friends ever.    
 

No comments: