Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hiking with BG

A few years ago, we took the kids up Diamond Head on Oahu, and they whined and complained almost the entire hike.  It was bad.  Slightly embarrassing, seeing as we both come fromstellar hiking genes!!!  BG had a little talk with Kate and told her he was going on a really special hike later in the week, but it was only for tough kids who could keep up.  Could she hack it?  She needed to reclaim what was lost on that inactive volcano.  She went for it, and has been a changed girl ever since. 

So it was no surprise that while we were home, she asked BG if they could go on a hike together.  
Do you think he said "NO"?

Courtesy of Dad:
 
 Dad's always been an early riser.  I can remember when I was growing up and walking into the kitchen on occasional Saturday mornings to see the pink box sitting on the table with paper towels as plates at each table setting.  I always went right for the old fashioned glazed.  Love you, Dad.  Kate was totally fine with starting her day the same way :)


 GORGEOUS





She loved it.  Thanks Dad.  I want to come along next time :)

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Why am I tearing up?! Your dad is one of my favorite people, I've decided. Always so kind, thoughtful, gentle, and loving. This is so sweet and she will remember these special times forever!

Susan Anderson said...

Great pics, Julie!

=)

Heidi Pojda said...

That looks incredible. Where is that, I'm sure my kids would love it!