Thursday, July 25, 2013

Great America

America is great.  So what better way to finish up our trip than with a visit to one of the theme parks where I learned to love the thrill of a good roller coaster ride?  I hadn't been in over 10 years (yet another place we've never taken the kids) and Mom has been wanting to do this with all of her grand kids for at least the last few...So, the sweet thing treated all of us to a thrilling, fun-filled adventure packed day.  
 The first ride the big kids went on?  The Gold Striker.  Kate's 1st REAL roller coaster ride.  It was new, so I had zero advice.  We waited to see the looks on their faces when they came off.  The little guys hung out, just thrilled to be together.  Kate was speechless, a little shaky, but had the biggest grin on her face. 


 I was worried that every other kiddie ride we went on for the rest of the day would be boring after that-- but I couldn't have been more wrong.  It didn't matter what we were doing, we were with our cousins...

 I was with my mom and my sister...we were bound to have fun.


 Love this:  
 It's what makes being in Chile so hard sometimes.  We miss our best friends.  


Those little bods.  So cute.
 Luke could not get enough of this ride. He rode it, we are talking, like 18 times!!! 

I had to drag him away to finally try some other rides...

 Jake and Brik probably matched Luke when it came to how many times they rode the bumper cars
Kate and Gracie were just out for the next thrill they could find

 Loved this.  They didn't know I was trying to get a picture with my phone, and when I finally looked at this, I realized they were holding hands.  

 Love you, Mom.  Thanks for making our time at home truly a vacation. 
 As we neared the end of the day, I had to do it.  I had to try Gold Striker.  Mom stayed with the little guys and Jen, Brett, Gracie, Kate and I hopped in line.  It had been a while.  I've heard that after you've given birth, oftentimes, you don't enjoy the thrill of the rides as much.  I had to find out.  
  I guess you'll never know if I still love them, thanks to Brett's arm ;)  
Let's just say that I never caught my breath the entire time.  IT. WAS. INCREDIBLE.  

 What?!  Isn't it normal to have a little ice cream and funnel cake?  They go great together!!

 We came, we rode, we conquered. 
Thank you, Momo.  It was a blast. 


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Oh man! I haven't been to Great America for probably close to ten years, too! How fun! And when did Brett get so tall?! I can't tell if it's because they're leaning against the railing but is he taller than Jen? Holy macrol!