Sunday, September 30, 2018

40th Birthday Shocker Part II

The next morning we slept in!  Like, missed the hotel breakfast, slept in.  When was the last time we got to do that?!!!  It was heaven.  Best part?  We even found a place that served breakfast all day (I have a hard time skipping breakfast and going right into lunch foods.  I know, it's a little strange.  So I was beyond thrilled that we could have breakfast for lunch.  A little too excited.  Can you tell? :) ) 


It was BEAUTIFUL out, so we just walked and walked and walked. 




 Big Ben was under construction.  He will be until 2021.  So this was the best we could get!

 Then we prepped ourselves for the Eye...



We got a pretty nice view of the city on a gorgeous day...







 After the Eye, we walked passed Big Ben, through the bagpipe players, passed the statues, by Westminster Abbey...

down to the lions...


 and into Covent Garden :)


What a great spot!  We spent the rest of the evening here, shopping, exploring...

 posing where Eliza Doolittle sold her flowers in My Fair Lady....

 and buying Ben's cookies.... Wow...
I could eat a few more of those...


Such a fun part of London. 


The next morning, we woke up and ran to see Tower Bridge and walked across it.  Then we hopped in a taxi and headed for the airport.  I was so relaxed, that somewhere between the taxi and the airport, my phone disappeared.  It was that small purse I was carrying around!  I'm used to my huge one that holds everything for everyone!  It's so deep that I never lose my phone!  Sadly, I lost a few pictures, but not too many...It was a weekend that just kept on giving.  Joe didn't know it earlier, but, happy birthday to me, again!!  A new phone too!  Hahaha!



I don't feel 40, despite my lack of flexibility, a little sciatic pain and that stubborn baby weight (can I still call it baby weight?!) that won't let go... I feel INCREDIBLY blessed for the life I have been given and who I get to spend it with.  Thank you for all of the birthday wishes, gifts, messages, phone calls, and serenades!  And a HUGE thank you to Suzanne, Luca and Natascha, Tanja and Peter and Susan for taking care of our crew while we were gone.  You are all saints.  We are so grateful for you!

No comments: