Sunday, March 20, 2011

Let's Just Add to the Chaos Because We Can

I believe that kids instinctively know when you are unable to intervene...like when I sit down to nurse Luke or am on the phone with the insurance lady and it doesn't appear that I'll be getting off any time soon. This was one of those moments. I had given Kate her art lesson on texture and she was supposed to replicate Van Gogh's Sunflowers using paint to create her masterpiece. It was decent outside, so of course the art project moved outdoors to cut down on the cleanup at the kitchen table. Jake wanted to join in, so I got them all set up and then went inside and called our insurance to discuss some bills...



Yes, this is what I found as I peered out the backdoor while still talking to the lady on the phone.


What do you do?! I finally was able to get off the phone and of course Luke woke up and was crying...



There was no way they were coming in the house like that! It was starting to get a little chilly. I did the only thing I could think of in a hurry. Yes, it was January (but we live in CA), I made them strip down to their skinnies and I squirted the hose right at those kids until they were decent to enter the house. It was cold water and boy were they screaming! But you know what? They haven't done it since :) I had a warm bath waiting for them as soon as they got in the house. I'm not THAT mean.

No comments: