Monday, May 26, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Kate woke up and crept downstairs to find Joe and me already up and buzzing around trying to get ready for church.  "BUT YOU HAVE TO STAY IN BED!!!!!!!!!!  IT'S MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!" That would have been lovely.  There's nothing I like more than a really incredible breakfast.  But, I was speaking in church in Spanish and we hadn't quite finished translating it yet (Chilean wedding the night before that went until 5AM!!!!  We left at 2), and I had to make sure I got there early enough to get everything ready for Primary as well.  No staying in bed for me.

 That didn't detract at all though, from the love that was poured upon me.  Big banners and homemade signs hung all over the house, mason jars filled with reasons why I'm loved, chocolates and beautiful flowers...

 Joe even spent a good chunk of Saturday, prepping for our Sunday meal, so I wouldn't have to do a thing.


 Definitely feel loved.  


 Definitely love them more than I ever thought possible.


 Definitely love my mom and have an immense amount of gratitude for who she is, her incredible example of service and Christ-like kindness, and how she raised and loved and continues to love me.


 Definitely love Fran for being Joe's amazing mom and raising him in a way so I could find my best friend.


 Definitely love my sister.  Have looked up to her since the beginning of time and that has only increased as I've watched her as a mom.


 Definitely love my sister-in-laws and am so grateful for their friendships and the gems I gleam from each one of them.

 Definitely grateful for my girlfriends and how they have enriched my life before and after motherhood.


 Definitely grateful and humbled that Heavenly Father entrusted me with raising some of his children.  
I love my calling.  





No comments: