Saturday, June 29, 2013

He's The Man

Joe works insane hours.  And the culture doesn't help, because everyone eats dinner at 9 or 10 o'clock at night--so people don't even think about leaving work until 7:30.  And that's normal people.  So Joe usually comes home later.  But, when he is home.  He's the man.   
 I came back from yet another doctor's visit (this time for me) and found the kids completely engrossed in a movie under one of his many sweet forts.  It was even decked out with snacks for the kids to enjoy.  
 Another night, I found an incredibly intense 3 against 1 pillow fight in Jake's room.  People were going down like nothing I'd ever seen before.  I was about to put an end to it before someone got really creamed...

 but I was too late.  

After a hug and a kiss, he was right back up that ladder wanting more.  
My kids need dad time.  
So very grateful Joe gets it and knows how to give it.

No comments: