Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Few More Easter Highlights

Before we tucked the kids in bed on Saturday night, we snuggled in and read a story about Jesus' last week of ministry.  The questions kept coming and so what I thought would be a 20 minute special bed time story, turned into quite a late, but memorable night.  It was all worth it on Sunday morning in Primary, when Jake's hand shot up every single time a question was asked in sharing time.  His face literally lit up every single time because he knew the answers and he couldn't wait to share them!  I have been in Primary Jake's entire lifetime.  This was one of the few times I have seen him actually get excited about something in there and it felt so good!  

I had to leave early for meetings on Sunday morning, but that didn't stop a little someone from visiting our home!

 
 The annual bunny ear picture before church.  Somehow we lost a set of ears... Kate didn't seem to mind.  LOVE THEM SO MUCH. This captures their individual personalities just perfectly.

 Classic.  The kids found some treasures outside and frankly, I have no idea what was going on in this picture, but it made me laugh so hard, that I had to put it in.


One of the cutest bunnies I've seen.

I am so overwhelmed with gratitude and love for my Savior Jesus Christ.  Because of Him, Joe and I will always be together with these cute faces...What more could you ask for?!!!

*  *  *

  Kate told me in the car today that one of her friends told her at lunch a few weeks ago, that Kate isn't a Christian.  This came from her mom, whom I know well, and it surprised me quite a bit!  I asked Kate what she said, and she said that in fact "we are Christians (I was relieved we had already talked about this!!).  That a Christian is someone who believes in Jesus Christ.  We believe in Jesus Christ and our church's name is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints."  The girl shrugged and told her, "Well, that's what my Mom told me."  It made me upset at first.  And then sad.  I have had quite a few conversations with this mom, where we have referenced spiritual matters and talked about the Bible...and I would hope that through our interaction and friendship, she would be able to sense the love that I have for my Savior.  I don't see any good that comes from denouncing another's beliefs.  Especially to a child.  I sincerely hope that we have done a good job explaining to our kids that most people, no matter what belief system they have, are trying their best to do what is right and good and make this world a little better.  If we can build one another up and help each other along in the journey, doesn't it make this experience a little sweeter?  
I love Jesus Christ.  I love this Easter time when I can reflect on the tremendous love He has for me.  Maybe I need to shout it from the rooftops :)

No comments: