Tuesday, March 26, 2013

One of those Semi-Awkward Moments

We had the missionaries over for dinner on Sunday night, which the kids always LOVE.  After completely stuffing ourselves, we went into the living room to talk for a bit.  Jake ran out of the room and was gone for about 10 minutes.  When he returned, he had a huge smile on his face and presented the Elders with a picture.  They took it, gave him great praise, and then actually looked at the drawing.   I wish I had taken a picture of it!  There were two figures.  You know the kind-- stick figures where the legs and arms come straight out of the head?  Those are my favorite!  Anyway, they both had big smiles on their faces and next to one it said "Fat" and to the other, "Not Fat."  Niiiiiiiiiccccce.  Jake stood there so very proud.  

Now if I could describe these two Elders, I'd call one tall, blond and slender.  The type of guy who can actually pull off skinny pants.  The other is far from fat, but bigger than his companion.  Should we say powerful in appearance?  I was a little embarrassed, but at the same time, so proud of Jake for figuring out the words and spelling them and writing them correctly with no help!  How do you show those two emotions at the same time?!  I dunno.  I was just grateful we have great missionaries with happy personalities. 
They can always count on plenty of food and lots of excitement when they come to the Berryhill's  every month :)

No comments: