Monday, June 11, 2012

No Go

Last Tuesday I talked with Coach Krista about Jake's progress on the swim team.  "Umm, I'm a little worried about Jake."  I knew it.  I already knew it.  "He pushes off and swims just fine, but as soon as he takes a breath, his hips sink and they never come back up." 
Wednesday, he had to pee 5 minutes into practice and said he didn't want to go back in.  I looked at him and said, "Do you want to do swim team this year?  We need to practice for tomorrow when you swim across the pool, if you want to be on the team."
"I'll do it next year, Mom." 
That was that.  It was a cold week and he didn't want to be in the pool.  I'm proud of him for giving it a try.  We didn't even go to practice on Thursday.  Kate was exhausted and it was cold and windy.  We took the day off :)
Now that's it's 95 degrees out, Jake will probably be begging to get in the water.  Maybe I'll have to bring a squirt gun every day to practice to cool him off.  It's all he's gonna get ;)

No comments: