Saturday, October 1, 2022

Fall Break Fun Continues

Today I was thinking about taking the boys to Great America, but when I checked their schedule, I realized they didn't open until 4pm.  That wouldn't work, because I needed to help Kate and Jake get some things ready for Homecoming tomorrow night.  Darn it!  How would we spend their last day off from school?!!!  I wanted to do something fun with them!  We started off by doing a bunch of fun science experiments that I was always too worn out to do during the school year when I was homeschooling 😂. Ironic, isn't it?!  Actually, I take that back just a bit.  When I brought out the big basket of items, Luke looked at them and said, "Oh, I remember shooting those rockets!!!"  So, I wasn't completely wasted. 
We made magnetic wands, we made and spun black and white discs and saw color, we made chemical reactions that shot rockets high up into the sky, we built balloon hover boards and played with them around the kitchen...
And then we convinced Joe that while I was taking Jake shopping for clothes, he could run the boys down to Great America for a few hours.  I think everyone had a great time 😀


 



Luke is seriously the best big brother to Mack.  He is constantly teaching Mack how to do things, showing him new tricks, and is EXTREMELY patient with Mack's shenanigans.  It can be tough to be 6 years apart and share a room and put up with a brother who blames your when something goes wrong, but usually Luke holds it all together pretty darn well.  He's going to be an incredible dad someday.  I have no doubt. 

Mack has a big personality.  He is passionate about everything he does.  Whether that's positive or not-so-positive passion.  At Rock 'n Jump on Tuesday, he grabbed my hand and exclaimed, "Mom, this is the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE."  And I have to say, Mack has had an incredible life, because I hear that all of the time.  He loves to live and experience all that's out there.  He will grab my head and pull it right up to his so our foreheads are pressed together and our noses are smashed and he'll say, "I JUST LOVE YOU SO MUCH!  This is the BEST DAY EVER!!!!" (Through gritted teeth might I add).  Well, today, he walked in from Great America and casually announced, so I could hear him from the back room, "Mom, my life is way better because you're alive."  And he grabbed a snack and went right into the game room and sat down to play with Luke.  

I hope I'm alive for a really, really, long time. 

No comments: