Thursday, September 29, 2022

Foothill High School Water Polo


Water Polo.  
Jake LOVES, LIVES and BREATHES it.  


And He is so fun to watch.  


I dropped Luke and Mack off at home after our long day in Berkeley and then ran off to see if I could catch Jake's game.  Thankfully, I made it just in time.  




I can tell he loves it, because we witness these big smiles (as well as powerhouse aggression) all of the time.  I'd be struggling for my life to just stay above water with all of that leg wrestling that goes on under the surface, but he just keeps smiling... and blocking shots.... and making shots...




 
 The FHS JV team.



The best part about tonight's game was what took place afterward when we took this picture.  The kid next to Jake isn't on his team.  He was the opponent.  When we walked into the pool area that night, we ran into our dear friends from our MBA days at Duke-- Mike and Carrie Thompson.  The boys that hadn't joined our families yet in North Carolina, were now in the water playing each other!  Even taking each other down!  The Thompsons sat next to us the whole game as we cheered on our boys and watched them tackle one another without any idea who the other was.  

At the end of the game we introduced the boys to each other and Nick turned to Jake with a big smile on his face and said, "Dude, you were the one who got me kicked out of the game!"  All smiles and new friends made.  I really do love this sport.  

No comments: