Saturday, October 15, 2022

Homecoming #3: Part 2

Jake actually wanted to plan homecoming this year with his friends.  I woke up one day with the greatest idea... Have the kids go up to Momo and BG's house and take pictures up on the 11th hole.  It's such a gorgeous view!!!  Then, they could just walk over to my parents back patio, have dinner, and then a few of the parents could help drive them to the school.  It was a perfect plan... and I think a perfect way to kick off these incredible kids' first homecoming.

Quite stunning, right?

Jake and Elizabeth

The "Mormon" Crew

The entire group!

I wasn't actually at the picture taking... I was over doing Kate's... I was told trying to get the guys to take a decent picture was like trying to herd cats😂













We sent the kids off to the dance... and then hurried and cleaned up at Mom and Dad's (I can't tell you how fun it is to have them just up the hill).  What a treasure for them to be a part of day to day living.

Ended up getting a text with this cute picture about half way through the night❤️

And then I ran off to the store to get more food, because all of the kids and then some would be returning to our house for the "after party."  I thought we had plenty of time, so Joe and I went through and started getting the house ready for the kids to come.  All of the sudden at 9:30 (the dance ended at 10) I got a phone call from Jake asking if they could be picked up.  They'd rather be at our house.  

My waffle bar wasn't ready!!!!!!! Hahah!  We kicked it into high gear and got most everything ready.  
And it turned out great. SO. MUCH. FUN.  
The Waffle Bar
As well as a few other food items!

A little late night backyard swimming and fire pitting


 And then some playing games and lifting weights in the garage...


What a fun night!  The kids left between 12 and 1am.  It didn't matter that Joe was getting up at 6 am the next morning to go to Japan.  It didn't matter than I needed to be at church at 8:30 in the morning because I was playing the piano for Sacrament meeting.... we knew naps could happen, so we enjoyed it...and I think they did too!

No comments: