Friday, October 14, 2022

Luke's 1st Middle School Social

Tonight, Luke had his first Middle School Social.  One of his really good friends, Angel, invited him and some of their buddies over before the social to eat pizza (only to have pizza again at the dance, but you know, they get hungry, so that makes sense!) and to hang out for a bit. It is so fun to see Luke with the crew that he loves being with daily.  So grateful for Rosy, Angel's mom, for capturing these moments :)








SO, it was a "social," not advertised as a "dance," so I was curious what it would be like!  Luke is not one to open up and pour his heart and soul out to me.  He usually gives one or two words answers to questions and likes to fly under the radar mostly.  He doesn't like anyone to draw attention to him, and he certainly gets embarrassed for me when I start dancing and singing to get a reaction out of him.  Haha!  So, when he came home from the social, I casually asked him what it was like.  Did he have fun?  "ya."  Ok, "Were there games? Pizza? Music?"  Ya.  "Did you dance?"  A slight smile formed on one side of his mouth and he actually said, "Ya."  Oh if I could have been a fly on the wall!!  How happy it makes this heart of mine to know that Luke felt comfortable enough to let down his guard a bit and have fun dancing with his friends.  It just makes me so darn happy. 

I took it a step further.  "So, are there any girls in the 6th grade that are kinda cute?  Maybe one that you were excited to see tonight?"  
And then I got the, "MOM.  I just like to hang out with my friends."  
Me: "Ok, Ok, I was just curious.  If there were a cute girls, would you tell me?"
Luke: "Ya." 

I really, sincerely, hope that is true, but I have my doubts😂.  I'll hold on to it while I can, though.  

 

No comments: