Saturday, October 1, 2022

TEAM USA: Mack's Saturday Morning Soccer



Mack has been on the same soccer team for two years.  Last year they were the Bears.  This year it's Team USA.  His coaches are Sean and Katie Lemoine and they are awesome.  They actually know what they are doing and really try to teach the kids legit soccer skills.  Our team is pretty great as a result!  The best part is, all of the parents know all of the kids and we can cheer for each one of them by name.  
Saturday mornings, watching Mack have fun with his buddies, makes me so happy.


This year, because the boys are now a year older, Coach Sean has been expecting a little more from his team.  He's making them work a little harder.  Mack got in the car after practice one day and said, "I don't know if I really like soccer anymore."  When I asked why, he intensely began to explain how coach tells him he needs to be doing more.  He needs to be working harder.  Then he dropped this line:    

          "Mom, he's treating us like we're 2nd graders or something.  It's just too hard!"


I about died.  But then I see his smiles and being with his best friends and I just let it go.  He just likes to be heard like the rest of us.  He jumps right back into the game and has a great time!



He's our only soccer lover so far in the family.  We will see how far this goes....







Mack's best friend, Cy.  The other day, he came up with the great idea that we should sell our house and move into Cy's house.  He told me that Jake and Luke could sleep in Cy's older brother's room; Kate could sleep in Cy's older sister's room, and Mack could bunk up with Cy.  When I asked where Joe and I would go, he exclaimed:  "Oh, you guys would get the couch."   I'm not sure Jaime and Chris would go for it.  We'd sure save a lot of money😂


No comments: