Thursday, May 7, 2015

Karen Whitt Comes to Town!

Karen was wishing that she had stayed in Chile a bit longer to hang out with me, so one day she called me up and said she like to come back ;) 
 I laughed, because in only a few months, we would be in the same country again.  But when I realized she was serious, of course I agreed!!!  I LOVE visitors and we could relive our Chilean moments together one last time.  
The kids and I had a tearful goodbye with Joe and a joyous welcome to Karen on the same day.  All in all, it was probably the best thing because it took my mind off of the fact that Joe was gone.  
Karen knew this, being one of the most thoughtful people I know, and came prepared with fun surprises for the kids (and me) every day.  She helped with the morning routine, even making some of her delicious breakfasts, let me sleep in one day while she took the kids to school, played with the kids while I organized myself for our upcoming move, helped me organize closets and purge, took Luke for bike rides, oh, and did I mention we had fun too??!!!

We hit the Metro together...

Los Dominicos...






Pomaire...


We got our toes done...
And went to the spa for her birthday...




And managed a dinner out...

And brunch with the gringas so she could reminisce about the good ol' days...



We saw dear friends...

And were home in time for pick up at school every day that she was here.  

We know how to pack in the FUN!  We had almost 5 days of partying and we all loved it.  We may have stayed up wayyyyyyy tooooooo late, and had a few too many American treats...but that didn't bother me at all.  I am so grateful this friend of mine.  She has been there for me through the highs and lows of Chile and never fails to think of how she can best be of help.  She has thought about important details before I even think to get them on my list of things to do.  She sat up late one night going through my "For Sale" list with me because I was having too hard of a time pricing items on my own, purely because I was too tired to make a decision.  We laughed 'til we cried (that night, because apparently my pricing was way off, and many others).  
Sometimes I wonder about why we end up where we do when we do.  Every time, I can see the Lord's hand in the people who bless our lives and become like family to us.  
Love you, Karen!  Thank you for coming back! What a great mini-vacation this was for me!

No comments: