Saturday, May 9, 2015

Chicureo Get Away

We ran home and changed and grabbed a few things and then headed off to Chicureo to meet up at the Hiten residence. 
What a beautiful home and what beautiful hospitality!  


Amazing to me that Connie and I met briefly last year at Nido, and then back in March when we started up with Taekwondo, we became fast friends.  It doesn't feel like it was just 3 months ago!!!  I am grateful for this South African woman who is so willing to serve and support and share her positive, happy self with so many.  She knew I'd be solo on Mother's Day weekend, and what does she do?  She and Charles cooked for US.  When we arrived, she told the kids they were to ask her for anything they needed.  "Mom was off duty."  How sweet is that?!!!  It truly was a lovely afternoon.  We stayed way longer than I thought we would.  They live on the other side of the mountain and even though it is only a 15 minute drive, it feels like you have traveled to a peaceful sanctuary for a little vacation.  I needed that.  It was perfect.  THANK YOU so much, Connie, Charles and Cailiegh for allowing us to spend our Saturday with you.  We loved it and everyone drove back home happy and tired.  It was perfect.  And P.S.--I still want your Milk Tart recipe ;)



No comments: