Friday, December 14, 2012

Classic Jake

 I came downstairs into the kitchen a couple of days ago to find Jake standing in the kitchen with his hands behind his back, and a HUGE grin on his face.  Our conversation went like this:

"Hey, Jake, what are you doing?" 
"Nothing."
"What's behind your back?"
(Still smiling) "Nothing."
"Jake-- tell me what's going on?"
"I'm just doing what little boys like to do."

I couldn't find evidence of anything.  Still don't know, but I can think of a lot of things that little boys like to do, and I wonder what this one happened to be.

***

I was putting a gourmet dinner of Mac 'n Cheese on the table tonight (Joe was at his work's Christmas party, so this was the kids request) and Jake picked up his spoon and put a big bite in his mouth.  As I was loading up Luke's plate, he says:

"Whoa!  Mom, can we say a really long prayer tonight for dinner?"
"Sure, honey.  Why?"
"Because this is really hot!  But not like a long church prayer.  Those take forever."

***

Love you Jake

No comments: