Tuesday, February 26, 2013

PATAGONIA--Day 2 continued (It was a long day!)

 Could the day get any more beautiful?  We were relishing our time in the car driving to Torres. 

We were prepared for all weather because every book and website I could get my hands on talked about the horrific winds and the freezing temperatures-- even in the "hot" summer months.  
This day must have been one in a million. 
 We came around a mountain and saw one lone Guanaco standing in the setting sun.  
 Running behind him was a Nandu~ related to the Ostrich family


 We were so enveloped in the beauty of it all, that when we got to the park entrance and Joe went in to pay the fee, we found out that we had gone to the absolute WRONG entrance of the park.  
Our cabana, where we would be staying, was at the opposite end.  The night was so gorgeous we almost didn't mind the extra 2 hours in the car. 

 Another late night when we finally found our lodging for the next 3 nights.  Didn't really want the kids getting used to a 1AM bedtime, but we were starting a habit that was quickly spiraling out of control!
 It was pitch black the night we brought all of our luggage into our little cabana at Hotel Tyndall.  When I woke up the next morning and looked out the kitchen window, this is what I saw.  
Welcome to Torres del Paine!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Breathtaking Julie! I have loved reading about all your adventures and this one looks exceptionally beautiful, those last two pictures look like paintings, just beautiful!

Unknown said...

I'm sold and it's only day 2! I really wanted to make that trek, but alas, I don't think we'll get there. I'll have to live vicariously through your blog! :)