Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sweet Dreams, Little Ones...

Two night ago, I went in to check on the kids before heading off to enjoy my own sweet slumber. First, was Kate's room, and I found this. Apparently, after we had tucked her in, she must have realized that she had forgotten to tuck her own babies in. So, she got out of bed, and took care of the necesseties...

Pillows, blankets to keep warm, and teddy bears so her babies would be able to fall asleep. I put her blankets back over her and walked out of her room with a huge grin. Sometimes she is just so cute.

Next was Jakes room, and I wish I had my camera running when I opened his door, but normally, the routine consists of finding his binky, putting it within reach, and donning the blankets back over him.

Well, this particular night, I opened his door, and I saw this little head pop up. It shocked me! And what shocked me even more was that he started laughing and wouldn't stop! I think he thought I was there for a little midnight party and he couldn't have been more thrilled! He giggled and giggled and twisted and turned in his excitement. I couldn't help but laugh with him! How could I possibly leave?!!! Sometimes you can't wait to get the kids in bed... well, this wasn't one of those nights. This was a priceless moment when I was so overcome with the love I have for my children. What incredible bright lights they are in my life.




4 comments:

Melissa Walton said...

I know just what you mean. Nate learned long ago how to keep me in his room at bedtime...kisses, snuggles, letting me hold him like a baby, hugs...and it works. I never want to leave. Jake is looking so old!

Sunny said...

Such cute kids! I love that Kate even got her babies snuggle items. And cute little Jake, I wouldn't have wanted to leave either.

Trisha said...

Your kids are so adorable! I love those nights when I walk into my girls rooms and see all of their dolls and stuffed animals all tucked into bed. It just melt my heart! It makes me feel like I'm a good mom if they are learning those things.

Shauna said...

I love it! Kate is going to be such a good mom when she grows up and Jake sounds like a bundle if fun!