Wednesday, October 31, 2018

More Halloween Stuff and the Trunk or Treat

On actual Halloween day, we were BUSY prepping and celebrating.  
The boys helped me make a few more webs for their class halloween parties at school...

 I'm the class parent for Jake's class, so I was in charge of his party.  We had a blast.  I think we may have been the rowdiest ones down the hallway!  We had donut eating contests, mummy wraps (The one below was my favorite! They had to use 3 rolls of toilet paper up-- first one wins--hahaha!), Pin the Spider on the web, bobbing for apples, a bean bag toss game that I didn't get a picture of either...it was so much fun that when the bell rang, most of the kids still wanted to keep playing!  That's always a sign of success...although my voice was hoarse and I was sweating a bit...but let's not focus on that.
 We raced home after school to drop off all of the party supplies, only to eat dinner really fast, get dressed and pack the car with our trunk or treat supplies.  Then we headed to school again and set up our car for the evening's festivities.  

 We went for a lion tonight with Mack.  Something a little warmer, since we'd be outside.  Thankfully, he let us keep this one on him for most of the time.  When it was time to trick or treat, we took him around and taught him all of the ins and outs of the the asking-for-candy game.  Not surprisingly, he caught on REALLY QUICKLY and was pumped that people were just handing him candy right and left.  (Lots of gummies, cheap taffy and very little chocolate.  How is that possible in the country known for it's milk chocolate?  I'm a bit disappointed.  Actually, I should be grateful.  I'm not tempted to ransack their bags...)
 Mack would say "tick oh tweet" and then sing out a huge "TANK TOO!!!!!"  That left most of the moms melting who were passing out the candy, which would lead to him getting even more candy. 
 It was hilarious.  

 Dumbledore was with us this year!  We were so thrilled because he was in Tokyo last Halloween.  He did an incredible job handing out fistfuls of candy before the trunk or treat even began!  The kids were in heaven...and then we realized, and had to ration the candy for the rest of the evening.  He was always surrounded though, and even had a few requests for pictures :)

 Kate and her friends stopped in to say hello and join us for most of the evening :)  They are an awesome group of girls.  We had a Red Socks fan, a narwhal, cookies and the cookie monster... they were really cute. 


 Now, do I dare say that this is the first year in our entire history of Halloween, that we did not carve pumpkins?!  I'm shedding a few tears over this.  I don't know how it happened.  But we let it slip.  Kate's friends came over last year and we had a huge carving party.  This year, we did it a week later...All of the Halloween pumpkins were gone at the farm, so the girls picked out smaller pumpkins and opted to paint them instead of carve.  Fun!  But we are not letting that happen again next year!  Happy Halloween!  My decorations didn't even make it out.  Man, that's pretty sad!  I guess that means I should just turn on the Christmas carols and start sorting through my Christmas boxes! 

No comments: