Friday, October 5, 2018

Friends Who Eat Together...

I have been so blessed.  Every single time I have moved since I graduated from high school, I have always prayed that I would be able to find just one really good friend wherever I was going.  I just need that one and I am OK.  College was the scariest, because I was completely alone.  I knew no one and had zero family close by.  My roommate was a computer generated setup from Idaho, and she turned out to be my dearest friend that I could have ever hoped for.  Definitely God's hands were working the keyboard the day we were assigned to be together, because that was not chance.

As Joe and I have moved from place to place, I am grateful, because really, he is my best friend.  And no matter where we go, as long as I have him to enjoy this life with, I'm not only content, but I'm completely happy.  

But as I have looked back at every single move we have made, I have always been able to find one (and often more) girlfriend that made the move a little easier and gentler as we uprooted and started over again.  I cherish each of those friendships and hold them dear to my heart.  I know it's God's way of showing His love for me--if Joe and I can't be by our BEST FRIENDS-- our family-- then He does a pretty darn good job of making up for it by placing some incredible people in my life, whom I love dearly! 
 Switzerland has been no different.  These sweet women decided to take me out for lunch to celebrate my 40th!  When trying to coordinate naps and timing and work and appointments and all that comes with being a Mom, a spontaneous decision of hosting a brunch at one of their homes, while all brought something delicious to eat, was decided.  Brunch is my favorite meal of the day anyway, so I was GREAT with it.  
So sweet.  Made me feel loved.  
THANK YOU for taking time out of your day and rearranging life to celebrate with me.   


No comments: