Saturday, April 20, 2013

Backyard Bliss

I love easy going backyard afternoons
 We have to take advantage of them while they last!  It's starting to get a little frigid down here!
So grateful for the Whitt Family.  My kids have a blast with them and I feel the very same way about their mom.  This after-preschool pickup turned into a playdate, a "let's stay just a little bit longer" playdate, and then "Why not stay for dinner?"  It almost felt like summer again.  I loved it.
 Later in the week, we were watching another one of Jake's buddies, Thomas, and when I came out of the kitchen, I found the three kids in the backyard.  They had found wooden slats from the garden to use for seats, white boards, pens and the tops to some of my plastic drawers as desks.  Kate was teaching the boys some good stuff and they were eating it up!  Maybe I should consider her take over Jake's reading lessons :)  It was one of those-"I want to stretch out on the grass and soak up the sun's warmth" kind of days.  Did I mention how much I love days like this?! ;)




No comments: