Monday, September 20, 2010

"And I'm Proud to be an American...

where at least I know I'm Free....." Oh man. I LOVE that song. I could listen to and belt out those words over and over again. They send chills up my spine. So the radio is usually on all day on the 4th of July so I can hear it again and again. I should just download it on itunes! I drove the kids around in the car and we went up and down the neighborhoods counting how many flags were up in front of people's homes. We did it when I was a kid and I wanted to make sure that tradition continued. I want my kids to know how blessed they are to be living in this country and to be excited when they see our flag. Kate asked me why more people didn't put flags up. Sadly, I wondered the same thing.







Fireworks come with the territory on the Fourth. We got together with my sister's fam, Chris and Dad (Mom was still in Italy) and met up in San Ramon for a great show.
There's just something wonderful when you spread out blankets and eat brownies and sing to patriotic songs and hear your kids "ooohs and aaahhhhs" as they watch art explosions in the sky.


Happy Fourth of July!


1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

These pictures of your family are darling, Julie!

=)