Sunday, December 21, 2008

It'll get better

Well, I realize that it's been well over a month since I've even attempted to get on my blog. It's a little sad when the only pictures you have on your blog are ones from Halloween! When I typed up our Christmas card a while ago, I thought I'd put our blog address at the bottom--it'd be great inspiration for me to get on here and finish setting up this blog and start posting...but then life hit and suddenly, I didn't have a moment to sit down and even process my thoughts, let alone get on the computer and share them with everyone! What happened? The short version? (I'll divulge more later)

My Grampa Patterson passed away Thanksgiving weekend--the day after we returned from his funeral, we found out that my Nana (Mom's mom) was diagnosed with lung cancer that had already spread throughout her bones--maybe a month to live. That week, my own sweet mom lost her hair as she courageously goes through chemo for breast cancer... and exactly one week after the diagnoses, my Nana passed away (last Monday). Throw in a hit and run, a computer that isn't working quite right (or maybe it's me!!!), practicing the piano for our Christmas program at church and just simply trying to get ready for Christmas and you have, "LIFE."

We all go through these difficult times. I am no exception. But when it is your turn, it's hard. I'm so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has blessed me and my family during this month. There have been plenty of little miracles and answers to prayers that have proven to me over and over again His immense love for me and His ability to know me individually and what I would need during this time.

And so... for all of you who have opened up our family Christmas card this year, and happened to look at that little blog address at the bottom, and thought-- "Oh, I do want to see more pictures of the Berryhills!" Don't worry! I will be posting PLENTY of them...just as soon as we can get them from our dying laptop to this relatively new computer :) We send you the lots of love as we draw closer to celebrating our Savior's birth!

8 comments:

Shanne said...

I got your Christmas card today. Super duper cute! Way to go. I am glad you have a blog and will be heading over to facebook to add you as a friend next! I don't blog (yet) but I love everyone else's. I sorry for all that you have been going through! Sending you my love. The Halloween costumes are great too!

Heidi Pojda said...

Life seems to hand us a bunch of things at once. But as always Julie you seem to be able to handle it beautifully. Just keep leaning on the Savior - he knows your sorrows.

ps. i have a blog too if you want to check it out, pojda.blogspot.com :)

'Cembers Thoughts said...

love the background. you did it!! hope you had a great christmas. when do we play?

Sunny said...

Hey Jules~
I was so excited to see your blog! Then I was saddened to see all the crazy things happening in just a short time....but knowing you and you're family...you'll all put on a big smile and end up helping others along the way! True angels. Love you!

renae said...

julie! i was so happy to get your christmas card this week. you and your family have been on my mind so much as samantha has updated me on what's going on... to hear about your nana's passing on top of everything else truly broke my heart! just know that i am sending the pattersons love and hugs from UT...

anyway, email me at renaekirby@hotmail.com so i can invite you to my blog! what a fun way to keep up with each other.

xoxo!
renae

AmandaS said...

Hey! I was DELIGHTED to get your Christmas card! you are gorgeous, by the way! And, I am so happy that you have a blog! It will be nice to keep better tabs on each other.
I am so sorry to hear about your grandparents and mother. We are thinking of you!
Love!
Amanda

Debsie Doodle said...

I received your Christmas card -- you are one of the most creative I know!! So cute!! I just dropped my wedding invitation in the mail to you today... hope to see you at the festivities!

Debra

Sadie said...

Jules...I too, was very excited to see your blog address on your Christmas card. I so enjoy getting fun pictures of you and your kiddos. Your sweet family, what a hard time for you guys. Hang in there. Lots of love, Sadie